I was lucky enough to receive a bra from the new Cleo range at Panache; a brand that have always been consistent in providing comfortable, attractive bras for sizes D to KK. They pride themselves on having an excellent reputation for providing 3 core values; fit, support and comfort.
From their gorgeous range I chose Marcie, a pretty balconnet bra in red. I first asked for one a couple of sizes larger than my usual one of a 38H because the Tango bra I already have from them is a rather small in the cup. However, I should know not to try and be clever because it never works! Fortunately though, Panache were more than happy to exchange it for a smaller size and I ended up with a 38HH.
|That hesitant face; preparing itself for fat trolling.|
The central gore sat flush against my body and the band was a perfect fit round me. I did get that annoying gap at the top of the cup where the strap starts but honestly I think that's more to do with me being fat than anything else! I probably could do with tightening the straps a bit but all in all it's a really good fit. And oh so comfortable! I've worn it for an entire day and it's as comfortable and snug as it was when I put it on, which I can't say for most of my other bras.
I was asked a few questions about my general bra-usage...
- Be honest...how old is your oldest bra? It's actually only a year old but only because I was properly measured for my wedding last year and was told that the 42Fs I had been wearing for years were awful and I'm actually a 38H!
- What is your favourite colour underwear and why? Black, because I find I can mix and match bras with knickers easier.
- What is a good fitting bra to you? What do you look at to see if it's a good fit? I have quite a few things I look for... one that contains all my boobs without getting them bulging out the top, the central gore sitting flush to my chest, gives a good lift and one that when I slip the straps down is still supporting my boobs well through just the band itself. I'm difficult to please!
- How often and at what sort of occasions do you wear matching underwear? I match in colour almost every day but I do make an extra effort to match a complete set if it's a nice husband and wife occasion haha!
- What is your favourite type of bra and why? I prefer a full cup bra unless I'm wearing something when one won't work. My boobs do have a mind of their own and tend to stage a breakout if I'm wearing something that isn't a full cup!
- So...naughty or nice? With washing that is! Do you treat your bra to a gentle handwash or do you let it suffer in a washing machine? Eek, I put them in the washing machine! I do have a special little net bag that I pop them in though so they're not getting as bashed around and I always make sure it's a gentle wash.
My only gripe with Panache is their knickers...the majority of them only go up to an 18 which I would never squeeze my behind in. I love wearing matching underwear, especially when it's as pretty as this. Although us larger boobied ladies have now got far, far more choice for sexy, pretty bras the battle is only half won. We want pants too!
I absolutely love my Marcie bra and now have my eye on the Leila, Meg and Hazel. I hope Santa is partial to a spot of underwear shopping!
Mrs D x