Today is my birthday and as I creep closer and closer to 30 I feel like I should have done a bit more by now. I know a lot of that silly pressure to be doing certain things and living up to certain expectations comes from my mental health but I do also feel like I need more goals. And so, I have made a list of 30 things I want to do before I reach the big 3-0! I've promised myself that this is just something to encourage me to try new things and do a little more, not to set myself unreachable targets that I can use as an excuse to beat myself up if I don't achieve them. Some of them are sensible, some are silly, some are personal. If any of you can help along the way, please feel free especially with the travel and savings ones haha! (I started writing this list a few months ago so I can already tick some off...that's definitely not cheating, right?!)
1. Visit somewhere outside of Europe.
3. Put together a photo album or scrapbook for our wedding.
4. Visit my family in Canada.
5. Re-learn French to a conversational level.
7. Knit or crochet a blanket (a proper sized one, not a baby blanket!)
8. Complete a cross stitch not from a kit.
11. Read 10 books a year starting on 2nd April 2014.
12. Clear all my debts.
13. Have some savings that don't get dipped into whenever we fancy a takeaway we can't afford!
14. Complete three more beauty related courses.
15. Have an article published in a magazine.
16. Get my BMI into the range where we can get fertility help.
17. Go on holiday with my mum.
18. Have a different pair of glasses for every day of the week.
20. Move house.
21. Learn to sew.
22. Go on holiday with a group of friends.
24. Up-cycle a piece of furniture.
25. Hold two successful clothes swaps.
26. Buy the chest of drawers that matches our bedroom furniture.
27. Stand up for myself at least once.
29. Stick to some sort of regular exercise routine. Or just be able to walk a mile without dying.
30. Be nicer to myself.
A Slightly Older Mrs D x
ps. I'm also making this a page so you can keep track of my progress if you were that way inclined!